Manchester United beat Everton 3-1 on Friday to advance to the FA Cup fourth round as the competition’s first team. Marcus Rashford assisted Marcus Antony’s goal, which was scored by Manchester United. The match was not without controversy, however, as a VAR review resulted in Everton’s Dominic Calvert-Lewin having a goal disallowed for offside.
With the victory, Manchester United have won five consecutive games in all competitions, keeping them in contention for four trophies this year. Moreover, Everton manager Frank Lampard is under more pressure now ahead of crucial Premier League games against Southampton and West Ham.
Rashford shines as Manchester United defeat Everton 3-1 in FA Cup showdown
- Manchester United beat Everton 3-1 in the FA Cup.
- Antony and Marcus Rashford scored for Manchester United, with Rashford also providing an assist.
- Conor Coady scored an own goal for Manchester United.
- Everton’s Dominic Calvert-Lewin has been disallowed a goal due to offside following a VAR review.
- The win is Manchester United’s fifth in a row in all competitions.
- The result increases the pressure on Everton manager Frank Lampard ahead of important Premier League fixtures.
- Rashford was a standout player for Manchester United, scoring his seventh consecutive goal at Old Trafford.
- Rashford also helped on defense and made two spirited runs with the ball.
- Everton put in a strong performance but couldn’t get a result due to Manchester United quality and a bit of luck.
- If Everton played with the same level of commitment every week, they would have a stronger season.
- Lampard’s players showed they had the ability to perform well, but they struggled with consistency.
- Manchester United will now advance to the FA Cup fourth round while Everton focus on their Premier League games.
- Manchester United are competing for four trophies this season.
- The match was played at Old Trafford in Manchester.
At Old Trafford, Rashford scored his sixth consecutive goal, making him a standout player for Manchester United. Rashford not only contributed to the scoring, but he also made two energetic sprints with the ball and helped the defence. Due to Manchester United’s superiority and many unfavorable circumstances, Everton could not succeed despite their best efforts.
Everton would have a better season if they played with the same dedication every week. Although Lampard’s players demonstrated their ability to perform well, they struggled to maintain consistency.
Now Manchester United will advance to the FA Cup fourth round and Everton will focus on their Premier League matches. At Manchester’s Old Trafford, the match was played.
|Home Page||Click Here|
1 thought on “Rashford shines as Manchester United defeat Everton 3-1 in FA Cup showdown”